Amazon and Microsoft are releasing previews which let the Alexa and Cortana users interact with each assistance from one device to use the other applications and services. After the integration of Amazon Alexa and Cortana, a user can check the check their emails, to-do list, and schedules. Summoning the Alexa App for Windows 10, a user can play the games with Amazon Alexa, control the smart home devices, add items to their shopping cart, check Amazon orders and do a lot more other stuff.
In this blog, we are going to share the simple steps to connect the Amazon Alexa and Cortana in Windows 10 device:
Setup the Amazon Alexa with Cortana Integration in on Windows 10 – Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Cortana.
- Now, click on the ‘Microphone’ icon and use the ‘Open Alexa’ voice command. If you have enabled the ‘Hey Cortana’, you can use this as well as say ‘ Hey Cortana – Open Alexa’ to begin.
- Sign-in using the Amazon login credentials.
- Click on the ‘Allow’ button.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button, if you want that your Windows 10 remember the Amazon sign in details.
- In the Cortana interface, click on the ‘Yes’ button and allow Microsoft to share the details with Amazon Alexa.
Once you are done with these steps, you can use the ‘Hey Cortana, Open Alexa’ voice command to summon the Alexa.
You are required to set up the assistant just once. Once you have configured the settings, the Alexa and Cortana integration will be enabled as a skill on your Amazon and Windows 10 devices.
With these simple instructions, you can integrate the Windows Cortana and Alexa App for Windows 10. All the mentioned steps are pretty simple, so follow the instructions and complete the Cortana and Alexa integration without any trouble.